Does the Change in Weather Worry You as an Arthritis Sufferer.
Naturopathic Tip of the Month:
Provided by Dr. Salna, Naturopathic Doctor
Does the change in weather worry you as an Arthritis Sufferer?
Arthritis is the inflammation of one or more joints. It is characterized by pain and stiffness (especially in the morning or after exercise), swelling, deformity of joints and a decreased range of motion.
There are many Naturopathic Modalities that may enhance your quality of life as an arthritis sufferer (Nutrition, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Botanical medicine).
Here are a few basic suggestions you can start now to help alleviate joint pain:
- Add cayenne pepper to your diet. Cayenne contains a compound that inhibits pain sensations.
- Eat cold water fish as a source of essential fatty acids (salmon, halibut, cod).
- Eat fresh pineapple which contains an inflammation reducing enzyme.
- Take a warm shower / bath in the morning to help relieve morning stiffness.
- Regular, gentle, outdoor exercise provides Vitamin D (from the sun) needed for proper bone formation, reduces pain and prevents joint deterioration (Examples: Cycling, walking, water aerobics).
For more information on how to reduce your pain and suffering from arthritis, consult your Naturopathic Doctor today.