- Front desk Plexiglass sneeze guard has been installed.
- Treatment rooms are cleaned as soon as patients are done their treatment.
Custom-cast orthotics (inserts, shoes and sandals) can be constructed specifically to correct your foot mechanics. Orthotics can relieve arch and heel pain while properly aligning your body from the feet up.
Yes, orthotics may help. If your arches have dropped, or the biomechanics of your feet are altered, it can cause a change in how you walk and put pressure on your ankles, knees and hips resulting in lower back pain.
The chiropractors at King West Chiropractic will use either a computerized gait scan and/or a 3d laser scan to diagnose foot problems. The orthotics are produced by The Orthotic Group and dispensed by one of the chiropractors. To check the complete catalogue for orthotic shoes/sandals please visit www.theorthoticgroup.com.
Orthotics are custom made for your feet and any problems you have. The castings are analyzed by a computer technician and made accordingly. The materials used are strong and durable, therefore, your orthotics can last for up to 4 years before they need to be replaced.
It depends on how often you wear your orthotics They should be worn everyday, however if you have multiple pairs, they can last anywhere from 2-5 years.
People should wear orthotics for various reasons including: flat feet / fallen arches, heel spurs, plantar fascitis, pronation (over rotation of the foot inwards) and supination (walking on the outside of the foot).
No. Extended health care benefits may cover the cost of the orthotics. Each insurance company’s terms are different.
1. Are you covered for custom foot orthotics?
2. Do you need a referral from a medical doctor or will a chiropractic referral be sufficient?
3. Can a Chiropractor dispense the orthotics?
4. Does your insurance company require a 3D/Laser Scan as a specific casting method or will a Gait Scan suffice?