- Reception area reduced to 2 chairs.
- Enforced physically distancing throughout the hallways/front desk area.
- Front desk Plexiglass sneeze guard has been installed.
- Massage rooms are cleaned as soon as patients are done their treatment.
- RMTs will be wearing masks during the treatments.
- All RMTs will be limiting their hours to reduce total patient flow in the clinic.
- Massage patients arriving early to their appointment may be asked to sit in a waiting chair in front of the treatment room (to reduce the number of people in our reception area).
- The clinic washroom is currently reserved for staff use only.
Massage therapists employ a variety of hands-on techniques to assess and treat the soft tissues and joints of the body. Improved circulation of blood and lymph, decreased pain and inflammation, improved mobility, relaxation and stress reduction are all positive effects of therapeutic massage.
** Under the new guidelines from the CMTO, all massage patients will be required to wear a mask during their treatment. If you arrive for your appointment without a mask, you can purchase one at the front desk. **
Our massage therapists are trained in Swedish Massage. Using this technique our RMTs can successfully treat sports injuries, postural strain, repetitive strain injuries as well as providing relaxation massage. Our therapist, Jenn Chretien, is also trained in Hot Stone Massage Therapy.
This type of massage includes the use of stones that are heated or cooled in water. Hot stone therapy combines massage with hydrotherapy to enhance the benefit of both modalities. This therapy is helpful for: increasing circulation and lymphatic drainage, decreasing menstrual pain, reducing fascial restrictions (i.e. tight IT bands!), reduce post-workout muscle soreness and enhancing relaxation. Cold stone therapy can also be used for acute injuries, tension headaches and sinus congestion.
Yes and no. There may be some discomfort because of an injury to the muscle, Inflamed and strained muscles may feel sore after or during a treatment. The overall effect though, is to help you feel more relaxed and pain free!
Yes, all of our massage therapists are registered. They have a registration number which is included on the receipt that is submitted to your insurance company.
No, massage therapy can be used for relaxation and stress relief.
Yes, but you do not take off all your clothes. You are covered by a sheet and blanket. You may keep areas that are not being worked on clothed.
Some insurance companies may require a note from your physician and/ or chiropractor explaining why massage has been recommended/
We offer visits ranging from 30 minutes to 90 minute massages. For your first visit at KWC we require you to schedule a 45 minute (or longer) massage.
Yes, with some pregnancies, some women suffer from lower back pain, neck pain or sciatica. Massage can help relax the muscles that support the spine.