- Reception area reduced to 2 chairs.
- Enforced physically distancing throughout the hallways/front desk area.
- Front desk Plexiglass sneeze guard has been installed.
- Acupuncture rooms are cleaned as soon as patients are done their treatment.
- Acupuncturists will be wearing masks during the treatments.
- Amrit Singh will be wearing a KN95 Mask & Face Shield for all Cosmetic Acupuncture appointments.
- Amrit Singh’s patients will be asked to text AS upon arriving at the clinic.
- Acupuncture patients arriving early to their appointment may be asked to sit in a waiting chair in front of the treatment room (to reduce the number of people in our reception area).
- The clinic washroom is currently reserved for staff use only.
** We request all acupuncture patients wear a mask or face covering during their acupuncture treatments. **
No, acupuncture does not hurt. During the treatment you may experience sensations of mild tingling, heaviness, slight soreness or numbness along the skin channel being stimulated.
According to Eastern philosophy, an imbalance or energy or blood flow will lead to disease in the body. Acupuncture needles placed along specific points can improve vitality, blood circulation and restore the natural balance of the body.
Acupuncture has proven to be successful in reducing stress, muscle tension, chronic pain (including headaches) and helping normalize menstrual irregularities. If the symptom is a result of an energy blockage within the body, acupuncture can encourage the body’s natural healing response. A Registered Acupuncturist can treat more complicated issues like digestive disorders, infertility, menstrual irregularities, skin problems as well as pain and stress relief.
Yes. All the chiropractors at King West Chiropractic use acupuncture for pain relief, stress reduction and as a complement to chiropractic care.
Acupuncture can help ease the cravings associated with quitting smoking. It is best advised to start with a course of acupuncture after you have decided to quit. It also helps to detox the body which further reduces cravings for those who are having a more challenging time.
New disposable needles are used for each acupuncture treatment. Most treatments require 8-10 needles to be inserted for a period of 15 – 20 minutes.
Many private health benefits provide coverage for acupuncture but presently there is no OHIP coverage.
As of April 1, 2013 a new acupuncture regulatory body was created called the CTCMPAO (College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario). This affects how patients will be reimbursed for their acupuncture treatment provided by chiropractors. Patients can submit their acupuncture under Chiropractic Coverage in their EHC if treated by one of our chiropractors. Patients getting treatment from Amrit Singh, Registered Acupuncturist, can submit their receipts under Acupuncture Coverage in their EHC.
If you would like to see one of our chiropractors or naturopaths for acupuncture please call 416-815-9595 for an appointment, or book an initial through our online booking site kwc.janeapp.com