- Reception area reduced to 2 chairs.
- Enforced physically distancing throughout the hallways/front desk area.
- Front desk Plexiglass sneeze guard has been installed.
- Osteo rooms are cleaned as soon as patients are done their treatment.
- Osteopathic manual practitioners will be wearing masks during the treatments.
- Osteo patients arriving early to their appointment may be asked to sit in a waiting chair in front of the treatment room (to reduce the number of people in our reception area).
- The clinic washroom is currently reserved for staff use only.
** We request all osteopathic patients wear a mask or face covering during their osteopathic treatments. **
The use of various assessment and treatment techniques help people of all ages and backgrounds, who suffer injury, pain or other health concerns, by easing pain, reducing swelling, improving tissue mobility and promoting efficient healing. The goal is to identify and then gently ease the restrictions or constrictions so the body can function normally again. Systems addressed by treatment include; musculoskeletal, respiratory, cardiovascular, digestive, reproductive and nervous.
TMJ (jaw) disorders, migraines and headaches, digestive and reproductive issues.
Patients should expect their first visit to be approximately one hour with a focus on assessment to help identify the needs of the patient and to develop an effective treatment plan. Follow up treatments will range between 40-55 minutes.
Osteopathic treatment is performed through the clothing and involves dynamic movement of the body – comfortable clothing is recommended.
Traditional Swedish massage therapy works on the muscles, tendons and occasionally the connective tissue in the body. Chiropractic focuses on improving overall alignment of the spine and extremity joints to allow for better posture, spinal alignment and improved function of the nervous system through chiropractic adjustments.
Some extended health benefits have specific reimbursement plans for Osteopathy. Katrine O’Reilly is a registered Osteopathic Manual Practitioner having graduated from the Canadian College of Osteopathy.