Heart Healthy Habits
Chiropractic Tip of the Month:
- Start your day with whole grains and green tea (anti-inflammatory, boosts blood vessel function).
- Increase your potassium intake (helps regulate blood pressure and prevent hypertension).
- Cuddle your cat, play with your dog (pet owners are less likely to die of heart attack than those who have never had a pet).
- Boost your workout routine (as part of a regular workout, include quick bursts of activity).
- Say goodbye to stressful relationships (people in troubled relationships have higher risk of heart problems).
- Get more vitamin D (low vitamin D levels have been linked to higher risk of cardiovascular events such as heart attacks).
- Protect your gums (chronic gum conditions can lead to cardiovascular disease. Brush and floss your teeth twice a day, and don’t forget to clean your tongue).